The Commander’s Bad Dream
Cory Doctorow's theory of enshittification describes how platforms die: "First, they are good to their users; then they abuse their users to make things better for their business customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back all the value for themselves. Then, they die." We'll talk about that in detail and answer a ComicLab listener who wonders what webcartoonists can do to participate in Free Comic Book Day.
ON THIS WEEK'S SHOW...
- Cory Doctow's theory of Enshittification
- Update: Dave's Kickstarter
- What can webcartoonists do for Free Comic Book Day?
You get great rewards when you join the ComicLab Community on Patreon
- $2 — Early access to episodes
- $5 — Submit a question for possible use on the show AND get the exclusive ProTips podcast. Plus $2-tier rewards.
- $10 — Gain access to the ComicLab livestreamed recording sessions (including an archive of past livestreams), plus $5-tier rewards
Brad Guigar is the creator of Evil Inc and the author of The Webcomics Handbook. Dave Kellett is the creator of Sheldon and Drive.
Listen to ComicLab on...